BE IMPECCABLE WITH YOUR WORD
- Speak with integrity.
- Say only what you mean.
- Avoid using the word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others.
- Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love.
DON’T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY
- Nothing others do is because of you.
- What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream.
- When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.
DON’T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS
- Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want.
- Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness, and drama.
- With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.
ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST
- Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will different when you are healthy as opposed to sick.
- Under any circumstance, simply do your best and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.
BE SKEPTICAL, BUT LEARN TO LISTEN
- Don’t believe yourself or anybody else.
- Use the power of doubt to question everything you hear: Is itreally the truth?
- Listen to the intent behind the words, and you will understand the real message.
DON MIGUEL RUIZ